Many thanks to all those of you who helped in any way, including by attending, our Apple Day event yesterday and making it the success we think it was. The lovely sunshine helped, and was matched by the many smiles and the warm atmosphere: a really good day! We think around 7-800 people turned out in the course of the afternoon. We hope you enjoyed yourselves, and any suggestions for the future - including offers of help - would be very welcome. Do get in contact.
Two related events you may be interested in:
- This Wednesday, 19th October, our food group hosts a 'preserving workshop' at Hayfield Cricket Club 7-9.00p.m. It's to be run by Vicki Leng, who's led many such community sessions and has been preserving home-grown food for many years. She'll bring ideas, books and techniques etc. So......bring some spare produce and 'have a go' at making some of:
- fruit butter or jam
- brown sauce
- Next Saturday, 22nd October, could you give a little time to help Kinder Kids and St Matthew's Church clear some land at the rear of the church to form a community garden space for community use? The emphasis will be on getting rid of overgrown vegetation. Pete Webb will be leading the session and welcoming all volunteers.
- where - St Matthew's of course!
- when - from 9.30a.m.
- bring - gloves and secateurs
- anticipate - tea and coffee provided
Post a Comment