- Friday 30/11, Hayfield Primary School (or rather, its PTA) has organised its 'Christmas Cracker', from 3.20-5.30p.m. in the school hall. There's lots going on at what is always an exuberant event: gift and produce stalls, Xmas crafts, an 'elf trail', tombola, free Xmas cinema, pupil enterprise stalls, and chiilis and nachos for adults. Entrance is £2, and it's an event worth supporting;
- After another very successful outing last Saturday (queues at 10.15a.m.!) this Saturday, 1st December, it's worth reminding you that Grains Bakehouse and Village Greens will again be outside the Pack Horse 10.00-12.00p.m., selling their delicious produce. There's rumours of a gazebo this time, but the weather may frustrate that...but don't be frustrated yourself in finding they've sold out of what you want before you get there. You can place orders on 01457 862346 (Grains) or 01457 852456 (Village Greens), and collect;
- the following day, Sunday 2nd December, Birch Vale Café, Station Road, Birch Vale, is having its Christmas Cheer event, from 10.00-4.00p.m., featuring local arts and craftspeople Jenny Rothwell, The Thread Mill, Elin Price, Scruffy Dogs, Sweet Charity Cookies, Nell’s Designs, The Textile House and Steve Hogarth selling their wares outside the café, as well as tempting you with their own culinary delights inside. A poster's attached to whet you appetite...
- on Thursday, 6th December, there's the familiar indoor Farmers' Market at Buxton Pavilion Gardens, 9.30-2.30p.m., featuring much locally-grown fresh produce and some interesting crafts, perhaps with some interesting Xmas twists, and
- on Sunday, 9th December, Hayfield Singers are delivering their 'Xmas Concert' at St Matthews Church from 7.30p.m., featuring serious works by the renowned Leonard Bernstein, a delightful contemplative piece by Gerald Finzi, and other Christmas music, with the chance to join in with some traditional carols. Tickets are £10 (unrestricted view) or £8 (restricted view), available from choir members of Hayfield Pharmacy.
Friday, 30 November 2018
It's That Time of The Year...
Events come thick and fast at this time of the year. Here's a few closish to home which may interest you: