A couple of things to remind/advise you about:
- if you've an apple tree or two and want to juice your own apples, come along to Apple Day Saturday at about noon, with your fruit and bottles, and you can use our juicer before we get going with the community orchard crop and more a little later. And if you just want to sample/take away some of the community orchard crop, it would help a great deal if you could bring a bottle or two........thank you!
- if you're a rail traveller, or want to be, you may want to know that tomorrow, Friday, Ruth George MP will be receiving a petition from the Chinley & Buxworth Transport Group at Chinley station (SK23 6AZ) at 12.30p.m.. The petition, signed by over 800 people, is addressed to the Minister for Rail at the Department for Transport and demands the Department provide better access to Chinley station, currently limited to a footbridge with steep steps. A 2016 station survey, completed by 443 people, cited poor access as the main obstacle to using the railway at Chinley by people across all age groups. Currently:
- It is impossible for a person travelling alone with a young child in a pushchair to use Chinley station
- It is impossible for wheelchair users to access the station
- It is very difficult for people with luggage to use the station
- It is inconvenient for cyclists to use this station
- There have been numerous injuries sustained by people slipping on the footbridge in poor weather, the worst of them requiring 5 figure settlement by Network Rail.
So, do please think about whether you can support the petition handover tomorrow.